- Apply or learn more about the American Express EveryDay (Preferred) Credit Card
- Both cards require an above average credit score
- The Everyday card offers a 10,000 bonus points promotional offer while the prefered version offers 15,000 bonus points
The AMEX Everyday credit card is ideal for anyone who has a good credit score and are looking to earn points when making purchases. The standard Everyday card offers 10,000 BONUS Membership Rewards points upon sign up after the customers has used the credit card to make a minimum of $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months… the prefered Everyday card offers 15k worth of bonus membership reward points with the same purchase terms BUT comes with a $95 annual fee.
AMEX Everyday vs Everyday prefered notes
- Standard Everyday card offers 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months while the prefered version offers 0% for 15 months (i.e. 3 months longer)
- Standard Everyday offers 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits while the prefered version offers 50% (more than twice as much)
- Customers who spend a lot of money at grocery stores will want to opt for the prefered version as it offers 3x Points at US supermarkets vs 2x for the standard version
- Only the prefered version offers 2x points when making costly gasoline purchases
- Both versions provide the customer with the flexibility to pay over time or pay in full each month
- Both cards look the same and have the same color patterns
For more information about the AMEX Everyday credit cards consumers can call toll-free 1-800-297-3276 Monday thru Friday 9 am – 12 am OR Saturday thru Sunday 10 am – 6:30 pm (all times all based on Eastern Time Zone). Please note Membership Rewards from American Express have no expiration date BUT points may be forfeited as described in the program terms (i.e. due to late payments or a delinquent account). Also points earned will only become available after a full billing cycle has been completed.