Kaplan Head Rep Settlement
- People who were formerly in the position of Head Student Representative with Kaplan university may be eligible to receive free compensation in a class action lawsuit
- The Kaplan clasas action case will be judged no later than June 8, 2019 (pending any appeals), and checks will be mailed out by June 7, 2019
- Attorney fees in the Kaplan class action suit will be paid out of the settlement fund, so former Kaplan employees who want to join the suit don’t need to pay anything
Thanks to a recent class action lawsuit, people who worked as a Head Student Representative for Kaplan University may be eligible to receive free compensation through a check in the mail. The class action lawsuit against Kaplan claims that people who were head student representatives were improperly classified as contractors instead of employees, and didn’t receive proper minimum wage under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law.
- By joining the class action law suit against Kaplan, members waive their right to sue Kaplan on their own regarding this matter. Kaplan will pay counsel fees and costs that total $150,000.
- For people who are still Kaplan employees, know that it is a violation of federal law for for Kaplan to fire, discipline, or retaliate against any employees for taking part in this case.
How much will the Kaplan class action suit pay out?
- People who worked during both of those periods may be eligible to receive both a $450 and a $250 settlement check (for a total of $700)
- Kaplan Head Rep Settlement Administrator, c/o Rust Consulting, Inc – 5256, PO Box 3065004, Des Moines, IA 50306-5004
- Any questions about the lawsuit or to request a claim form please call 866-430-7162
The Kaplan class action suit will pay out $450 for people that worked for Kaplan Bar Review as a Head Student Representative (at any time during May 25, 2019 to June 31, 2019) or $250 to people that worked for Kaplan Bar Review as a Head Student Representative (at any time during May 25, 2019 to May 24, 2019).