- Enter to win one of Seven Hundred Thirty (730) Instant Win Prizes up until 9/6/2016
- The Smithfield Hog Wild Throwdown Recipe Contest and Sweepstakes promotion is sponsored by Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Contestants must be 21 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States
The Smithfield Throwdown promotion will feature 3 separate entry periods as follows: “Entry Period 1: Any Pork recipes will be accepted beginning at 12:00:00 PM ET on 5/11/16 through 11:59:59 AM ET on 5/31/16. Entry Period 2: Ribs recipes will be accepted beginning at 12:00:00 PM ET on 6/15/16 through 11:59:59 AM ET on 7/5/16. Entry Period 3: Grilled Pork “Like a Steak” recipes will be accepted beginning at 12:00:00 PM ET on 7/22/16 through 11:59:59 AM ET on 8/11/16“.
Please note all recipe entries MUST be cooked on a smoker or grill and can be an Entree (i.e. rack of baby back ribs) or Appetizer (i.e. chicken wings). All recipes associated with the Smithfield Throwdown promotion MUST be original and contestants who copy another recipe will be disqualified.
Smithfield Throwdown Highlights
- No side dishes or desserts are allowed
- The contestants will be required to register a “Pitmaster Pro” or a “Backyard Barbecuer”
- When providing the receipt the contestant will be asked for a complete list of ingredients, exact measurements, grilling/smoking time and temperature and how many people the receipt will survey
- Photos of the receipt MUST be provided
- Photos are allowed in .JPG or .GIF format files and can be no larger than 3MB
- The final entry period will end on 8/25/16
- The grand prize drawing will take place on or around 11/15/2016 and will feature a brand spanking new 2016 Ford F-150 XL Pickup truck (“Vehicle”) and $2,000.00 in cash
Other prizes associated with the Smithfield Throwdown promotion include a 3-night/2-day trip for 2 people (Finalist & one guest) to attend the American Royal BBQ Competition in Kansas City, MO, Grill Apron, Cooler bag, and Kingsford Charcoal.